About the role
Reporting to the Head of Communications for Impact on Urban Health, the Communications Manager is responsible for delivering in-depth, insight driven communications around urban health programmes to engage and influence local, national and international audiences.
- Plan and deliver engaging communications tactics that contribute to the impact of our work, focused on informing and influencing key audiences, initially focusing on our childhood obesity programme.
- Lead the development, delivery and evaluation of a targeted communications plan for our childhood obesity programme. Ensure the plan is audience-led and uses a range of communications approaches and channels to amplify our work
- Plan, write and edit content at pace for both own and external channels.
- Build and nurture key relationships within the organisation, and with external partners.
- Working with colleagues, identify communications opportunities to demonstrate the impact of funded projects.
- Project manage communications projects from start to end, ensuring high quality and timely outputs.
- Provide other colleagues with sound advice and support to ensure outstanding communications outputs.
- Proactively seek and secure opportunities, including (but not limited to) speaking platforms, events and targeted media coverage to raise the national and international profile of Impact on Urban Health.